rel='shortcut icon'/>

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Skinny Lasagna Rolls

This is the first time in 5 years that I have took on cooking. Before, Matt was always the one to cook and I just cleaned up after him. Well, now that I have been making changes in my eating habits, I have started cooking up healthier recipes. This particular dish is only 252 calories per serving. Score!
 
Ingredients: * 8 whole wheat lasagna noodles
* 10 oz frozen chopped spinach
* 15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
* 1 egg
* One jar Pasta Sauce
* Foil and wax paper
 
Cook your lasagna noodles and set them aside to dry. Grab a mixing bowl and add ricotta, Parmesan, egg and spinach. Mix well. I tried mixing with my hands, but they were freezing, so I don't recommend that.
 
Layer some sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
 

Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out noodles. Spread the ricotta mixture evenly over each noodle. I was in a rush because my 15 month old was yelling "Momma!" so they aren't too pretty looking. Roll noodles carefully and place them into the baking dish.
 
And here is my wonderful helper. Pulling all of the dishes out that mommy just put up! Ah, I love her!
 
Spoon sauce over the rolled noodles and top with mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
 
Bon appetit!
 
 
 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment