rel='shortcut icon'/>

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Weekend Reflections

This weekend started off great, went and got a pedicure and enjoyed time with my family until one moment changed everything. Kaelyn has been extremely attached lately given the age she is at. While she was eating lunch, I walked away into another room and she started crying hysterically thinking that I was leaving her. You know, when they cry so hard that they don't breathe for a second. Well, she didn't come back to breathe. I turn back to look at her and she doesn't look okay. Her mouth was getting bigger and she was turning red. Quickly. I ran to her and she looked like she was falling unconscious. I grabbed her out of her high chair and turned her upside down while hitting her back because I thought she was choking on her food. I am in the medical field and trained in infant CPR, but it's different when it's your own child. They tell you to remain calm, but I was screaming and crying at the same time. My brother in law then rushed over, grabbed Kaelyn from me and started shaking her. She was then fully awake. I'm not sure if you've ever witnessed anything like this, but it was the scariest moment in my life. I was honestly about to call 911. After that incident, she was snuggled up to me for a good 30 minutes. I cried, cried and cried some more. I thought my baby was gone.
 
I called to speak with a nurse and she informed me to see the Pediatrician soon and if it were to happen again, go to the ER. Every time Kaelyn cried, I freaked out thinking it would happen again. Monday morning, we went to the doctor hoping for answers. Let me say that I fully trust our Pediatrician. She has written books and is very educated, so I felt comfortable knowing Bug was in good hands. It was not a seizure, but a Breath-Holding-Spell. After checking her iron, everything looked okay and we were sent home. I'm a new mom and I learn new things still everyday, but this has definitely made me worry ten times more than I already do.
 
You know how they say sometimes a bad accident can turn into something good? Well, I believe this taught me never take anything for granted. I always sigh when I look at the laundry piles and count down the minutes until nap time, but I love my family tremendously and I honestly don't know where I would be without my husband or my daughter. They are my world. I know we can all get caught up in life, but take a minute to enjoy the laundry piles and enjoy the minutes before nap time.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment