rel='shortcut icon'/>

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Two years ago today..

Two weeks after my second miscarriage, I started to feel the common pregnancy symptoms. I really didn't want to tell Matt because I knew he would just say "Go take a pregnancy test!" and that was not what I wanted to hear. We had a dinner date with my dad and step mom, so before we left, I decided to tell Matt what was going on. What did he say? Go take a pregnancy test! I remember telling him I will take one just to prove you wrong! We both waited in the bathroom what seemed to be eternity. I placed the test back into the wrapper and waited. When I pulled it out, it said..


Matt jumped up and screamed with excitement while I cried my eyes out. How was this possible? Could this pregnancy actually last? We went to dinner and told my dad and step mom the news. My dads first question was "What are you going to do about child care?" I said "Really? Can we at least get to the second trimester and then we can worry about that?" I decided that this pregnancy I wouldn't worry about anything. I would have faith and hope that it will turn out for the best. And this picture was taken at dinner right after announcing the news (I'm not sure why the restaurant was so dark, but Matt seems to have no eyes)..
The next day, I called the doctor to inform her and she wanted me to come in soon to see if I indeed was pregnant.  We go see the doctor and the nurse asked "When was your LMP?" I said "Um, I never had one. I just miscarried two weeks ago." She looked up at Matt and he says "I get the job done." Talk about a moment of silence. Here he is, the guy who is oh so proud that his wife is knocked up in such a short amount of time..

We waited in the exam room for literally an hour. The doctor walked in along with the ultrasound machine and my heart dropped. What if she found nothing? I couldn't possibly go through another miscarriage. She turned off the lights and my legs began to shake. I shut my eyes and she says "Oh my! There is a heartbeat!" And there it was, my angel. We had never heard a heartbeat before and I was finally accepting the fact that I may never become a mother, but all those fears were put to rest. This little baby was here to stay.


After a long 9 months and a c-section, my baby girl finally arrived. I always wanted a little girl, so I can paint her toes, take her shopping and have good memories with her before she is in high school and can't stand me. Being a mom is the best feeling in the world and she was worth all the trouble we went through. Mommy loves you, Bug - don't ever forget that.



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment