rel='shortcut icon'/>

Friday, November 16, 2012

Bugs' Life

It's official, I have a toddler. And she has definitely shown that she is one. One thing that has not changed, is her sleeping patterns. Gosh, are we blessed or what? Bug has always been a great sleeper, she goes to bed around 8pm and wakes up around 9am or 10am! This is one thing that I hope doesn't change for awhile. But, I just know for a fact, our next child will be complete opposite..
 
I have been working out and I like to include Bug in my workouts because I believe it's good for the both of us. She loves going on walks and getting fresh air, every time we hear a dog, she barks too!
 
A lot of my mommy friends have been saying that their toddler's have been escaping their crib. I thought, not my bug. I honestly didn't believe she would ever try until, I looked on the monitor and saw she was trying to get out while using her bumper as a 'stepping stool' with her mischievous face.
 
Opening doors. Probably the hardest thing to keep her from doing. I close the bathroom door to keep her from ruining the toilet paper, what does she do when mommy isn't looking? Run to the restroom to mess up the toilet paper. She also loves to go into her room, grab all her clothes from her laundry basket, and throw them everywhere. Maybe she will enjoy doing laundry! (Wishful thinking!)
 
 
Taking pictures. You either have to make the funniest sounds or you will get no picture. We have tried taking many pictures as a a family since becoming a toddler and it's impossible. She is either not looking or making some kind of face.
 
 
This is probably the funniest picture we have of her lately. One night after dinner, she ran into the dog kennel and barked. And no, those are not dog bowls in there, she grabs these bowls from mommy's Tupperware cabinet!
 
 
 Snack time, my child loves food. I made some homemade cookies last week and we grubbed out on the couch. See that chocolate up her nostril?
 
When I make breakfast, all I hear is "SNACK" she is one smart kid. Look at how happy eggs make her.
 
 
And mommy was giving Bug whipped cream from the can. Hey, we wanted something sweet and had nothing. She enjoyed it ; )
 
 
I hope these months and years go slow, so I can have her all to myself and enjoy this little moments. I came across a beautiful poem that I believe every mother with children should read.
 
‘One of these days you’ll explode and shout to the kids, “Why don’t you grow up and act your age?” …and they will.
 
You’ll straighten up the boys’ bedroom neat and tidy — bumper stickers discarded, bedspread tucked and smooth, toys displayed on the shelves. Hangers in the closet. Animals caged. And you’ll say out loud, “Now I want it to stay this way.” …and it will. 
You’ll prepare a perfect dinner with a salad that hasn’t been picked to death and a cake with no finger traces in the icing, and you’ll say, “Now, there’s a meal for company.” …and you’ll eat it alone. 
You’ll say: “I want complete privacy on the phone. No dancing around. No demolition crews. Silence! Do your hear?”…and you’ll have it. 
No more plastic tablecloths stained with spaghetti. No more bedspreads to protect the sofa from damp bottoms. No more gates to stumble over. No more clothespins under the sofa. No more playpens to arrange a room around. No more anxious nights No more sand on the sheets, or rubber bands for ponytails. 
Imagine. A lipstick with a point on it. No baby sitter for New Year’s Eve. Washing only once a week. Having your teeth cleaned without a baby on your lap. No PTA meetings. No car pools. No blaring radios.
Think about it. No more sloppy oatmeal kisses. No more tooth fairy. No giggles in the dark. No knees to heal, no responsibility. 
Only a voice crying, “Why don’t you grow up?” and the silence echoing, “I did.”

Psalm 127:3 “Children are a reward from God.”
 
 


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment