rel='shortcut icon'/>

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Working Mom

Ever get into the argument which job is harder, a working mom or one who stays at home? That is one of my most hated debates along with breastfeeding or formula. I believe all mothers are working mothers. I have done both and they can be challenging, but in different ways.
Now that I am working "normal" hours, it's definitely different waking up for work Monday-Friday and coming home before it's dark outside.
Our routine:
5:15am - Wake up! I either hear the dreaded alarm clock or hear Bug crying for me. Either one isn't very delightful.
5:30am - Get dressed - do hair/makeup.
6:45am - Leave the house.
7:15am - Get to my mother in laws, prepare Bugs' breakfast and say goodbye.
7:30am - Head to work.
8:00am - Arrive at work.
Noon - Clock out for lunch, I forgot what a lunch break was!
5:00pm- Leave work.
5:30pm - Pick up Bug and head home.
6:00pm - Get home.
6:15pm - Prepare dinner.

6:45pm Clean house.
7:15pm - Give Bug a bath.
8:00pm - Bug goes to bed. My free time! NOT.
8:30pm - Catch up on my shows and prepare for the next day by packing lunch and bags.
10:30pm - Go to bed.
I've learned that it's so much easier in the morning if Bug is in a good mood, so if she asks for chocolate milk, she is getting that chocolate milk because I can't deal with a meltdown at 6am!

She will sometimes lay on my bathroom floor and wait until I'm done getting dressed.
Or watch Barney.

Ways to make the morning easier:

1) Get up earlier than the kids. It's so much easier to get yourself ready without the kids awake.
2) Prepare lunches the night before. This was hard for me to do at first, I always told myself no big deal, I'll wait until the morning, but the next morning, I was rushing to pack lunches.
3) Clean up after dinner. This is another thing that was hard for me, after dinner, I wanted to relax not clean, but if I don't do it right after we eat, chances are I won't be cleaning until the next day.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment